- One Day Intro/Intermediate courses
- Weekend – ‘Mountain Running Essentials’
- Quality tuition – 4:1 client / tutor ratio
- Dates & Venues in The Dales and Lakes
Two Original and Unique Courses
‘Navigation and Mountain Running Skills’ – One Day courses
‘Mountain Running Essentials’ – Weekend Courses
Our well respected courses have attracted runners of all abilities, and are essential for all trail and mountain runners. We are the specialists in Mountain Marathon and multi-day events.
The programme is delivered by highly experienced and professional trainers and cover a range of mountain running related skills. Courses generally come in two flavours, One-Day Mountain Running Skills for novice and intermediates, and Two-Day Mountain Running Essentials. We also offer One-One or small group bespoke courses. Read more below and contact us if you have any questions, to make a booking by phone/email, or to discuss organising a course just for you and your friends.
If you are running in any mountain event such as the OMM, Dark Mountains, or The Spine Race our ‘MRE’ course is essential.
Navigation and Mountain Running Skills
A One Day course for novice and intermediate hill runners.
Cost: £65.00 – Book Now
An intensive one day introductory course for those wishing to gain and develop a full range of skills for safe and efficient off-road running. With a big dose of navigation training, we’ll also look at a range of issues from clothing and equipment, route selection, techniques, trail and mountain running ethos, together with the all important safety and environmental issues.
Don’t panic about keeping up – this is not a physical training day! The course is conducted at a brisk walking pace with some jogging and maybe downhill running where appropriate. This course is ideal for those with some trail running experience and who wish to venture into more remote areas or tackle unmarked race routes, adventure races or mountain marathons.
Courses are generally based in Keswick or the Ullswater valley. We often base ourselves from Swaledale Outdoors in Reeth at the excellent Swaledale Outdoors shop, or on The Longmynd in South Shropshire.
We also have two new Pennine Way based events, with free Navigation / Skills workshops.
Each day is a fun packed and busy 10.00am-4.00pm programme. The course fee includes use of a Silva compass, A4 map print-outs and tea and coffee.
Sessions are run at a maximum of four students to one tutor; an excellent ratio.
Places are limited – book two places at least three weeks before your course date and the cost is just £100.
Send us an email now with any questions or request a booking form.
Our courses make an ideal and unique Christmas or birthday present for any runner.
Our next one day ‘Navigation and Mountain Running Skills’ courses:
Saturday 26th March – Longmynd – South Shropshire
Sat 23rd April – Reeth, Swaledale
Sun 15th May – Ullswater, Lake District
Mountain Running Essentials
A Two Day, weekend, course for mountain runners and adventure racers.
Costs: currently £265* Book Now
- This is the original Mountain Running Navigation course, developed over fifteen years. It is specifically designed for mountain marathon competitors, and those undertaking multi-day endurance adventure races.
- The course covers all aspects of mountain running and adventure racing. What makes the Mountain Running Essentials™ course different is that it is designed delivered by, mountain runners with real event experience, and professional outdoor instructional and facilitation qualifications.
- The course combines indoor and outdoor sessions and culminates with a mini ‘event’.
- The cost includes very posh bunkhouse accommodation for 2 nights, plus 2x breakfast and 1x dinner.
- Places are limited and our last course sold out quickly so please don’t delay in securing your place.
- Ideal for OMM, Highlander, LAMM , Cape Wrath Ultra RAB or Dragons Back Race..
- Read more about Mountain Running Essentials
Our next Mountain Running Essentials course: