- One Day Intro/Intermediate courses
- Weekend – ‘Mountain Running Essentials’
- Quality tuition – 4:1 client / tutor ratio
- Dates & Venues in The Dales and Lakes
Mountain Running Essentials
A weekend, course for mountain walkers, runners and adventure racers.
29th Sept – 1st October 2017 – Kirkby Stephen from £225 for early booking discount
- This is the original Mountain Running Navigation course, developed over fifteen years. It is specifically designed for mountain and fell runners, ultra runners, mountain walkers, and multi-day endurance adventure races.
- Don’t worry – you don’t need super speed or fitness to benefit – just a desire to travel efficiently through the mountains.
- The course covers all aspects of mountain walking, running and adventure racing. What makes the Mountain Running Essentials™ course different is that it is designed delivered by, mountain runners with real event experience, and professional outdoor instructional and facilitation qualifications.
- The course combines indoor and outdoor sessions and culminates with a mini ‘event’.
- The cost includes bunkhouse accommodation for 2 nights, plus 2x breakfast and 1x dinner.
- Places are limited and our last course sold out very quickly so please don’t delay in securing your place.
- Ideal for any mountain marathon such as the OMM, Dark Mountains, GL3D, LAMM, or ROC, or multi-day and expedition style events such as the Dragon’s Back, Cape Wrath, or ITERA.
- Read more about our ‘MRE’ weekend
- Our next Mountain Running Essentials course:
- 29 Sept – 1st Oct Kirkby Stephen – Cumbria
- Book now via sientries
Navigation and Mountain Running Skills
A One Day course for novice and intermediate hill runners.
Cost: £65.00 – please email me for more dates
An intensive one day introductory course for those wishing to gain and develop a full range of skills for safe and efficient off-road running. With a big dose of navigation training, we’ll also look at a range of issues from clothing and equipment, route selection, techniques, trail and mountain running ethos, together with the all important safety and environmental issues.
Don’t panic about keeping up – this is not a physical training day! The course is conducted at a brisk walking pace with some jogging and maybe downhill running where appropriate. This course is ideal for those with some trail running experience and who wish to venture into more remote areas or tackle unmarked race routes, adventure races or mountain marathons.
Courses are generally based near Keswick, Staveley or the Ullswater valley. Alternatively, we base ourselves from Reeth, Swaledale or on The Longmynd in South Shropshire.
Each day is a fun packed and busy 10.00am-4.00pm programme. The course fee includes use of a Silva compass, A4 map print-outs and tea and coffee.
Sessions are run at a maximum of four students to one tutor; an excellent ratio.
Places are limited – book two places at least three weeks before your course date and the cost is just £100.
Send us an email now with any questions or request a further dates
Our courses make an ideal and unique Christmas or birthday present for any runner.
Our next one day ‘Navigation and Mountain Running Skills’ courses:
New Summer season dates soon.